Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Site EMT/EHS Technician Eastover, SC
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Hidden (368757)
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Task Work Flow:
All tasks performed by the EHS Technicians shall be assigned and scheduled by the EHS Technician Supervisor. Routine tasks shall be identified on a monthly basis and communicated from the Risk Manager and Occupational Health Nurse. Progress of most routine tasks shall be maintained on the task board in the medical department.
Tasks identified as “All Technicians” shall be assigned and managed at the discretion of the EHS Technician Supervisor. Tasks identified as “Fire Protection Specialist” shall only be performed by the Fire Protection Specialist. In the event that the Fire Protection Specialist is unable to complete the assigned tasks, the EHS Technician Supervisor and the Risk Management Coordinator shall determine the appropriate personnel to assist in the completion of the tasks.
General Requirements for All EHS Technicians and Supervisors:
- Maintain current level of EMS Certifications
- Maintain Current level of any Certifications achieved during employment
- Maintain all current IP Contractor H&S Requirements
- Perform all assigned duties effectively and efficiently
Duties for EHS Technicians:
Each Technician is expected to arrive on time for each shift. There must be a face to face turnover of information between the oncoming and outgoing Technician. All oncoming Technicians shall attend a crew turn over meeting at 7 am / 7 pm with an operating or maintenance area.
Health & Safety
- Perform pre shift vehicle inspections first thing after shift turn over
- Safety Truck (M-F Days Only)
- EMT Vehicle Every Shift
- Fire Truck Every Shift
- Ambulance Every Shift
- Rescue Truck & Trailer Every Shift
- Working at Heights -
- Complete fall equipment inspections
- Atmospheric Testing -
- Monitor INet program and other air monitoring requirements
- Provide Emergency Medical and Injury Management for all injuries as shift EMT
- Assist Nurse with injury follow-up and return to work on the off-shifts
- Conduct random/post accident drug screens on the off-shifts and when necessary, random drug screens
- Maintain Security badge system
- Perform various IS Procedure Audits to include: -
- Emergency Equipment: safety showers/eye wash units, emergency exits, fixed monitors, SCBAs, etc
- Fall Protection: ladders, scaffold, Fall PPE, walking/working surfaces,
- Confined Space
- Control of Hazardous Energy
- Motorized Equipment
- Machine Guarding
- Monitor fire alarm system and respond to all fire alarms
- Maintain all emergency response vehicles and rescue equipment – inventory, inspect and 5S all equipment
- Conduct monthly visual inspections:
- Hydrant house inspections
- Perform critical monthly housekeeping inspections
- Conduct monthly:
- Fire Extinguishers inspections
- AEDs inspections
- Respiratory PPE inspections
- Other Emergency Equipment inspections-
- Conduct annual:
- Ladder Inspections
- Fall Protection Equipment inspections
- Fume hood and lab safety equipment inspections
- Container label auditing
- Environmental Audits
- Other environmental duties as directed by Environmental Manager
- Annual Fire Extinguisher training
- Coordinate Emergency Response Team training: Fire, HazMat, Medical, Confined Space, High Angle, IC
- Bi-Annual NFPA 70E FA/CPR Training
- Appropriate portions of new employee orientation
- Assist Medical with Bloodborne Pathogen training
- Monthly In Service Training
Emergency and Fire Systems:
The Following training activities shall be required of all EHS Technicians including the Supervisor
Non Routine Tasks:
Tasks that are not specifically identified as routine responsibilities of the EHS Technician group must be approved by the H&S Manager.
To assist in the scheduling of personnel for non- routine tasks, the H&S Manager will prioritize the work with assistance of the individual requesting the work.
* Pleae note this position is a full time 7 day a week rotating shift.
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.