Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Armed Hospital Security Shift Supervisor Columbia, SC (Night Shift)
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Evening, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Description: The Shift Supervisor/Lieutenant is the lead supervisor responsible for the oversight for all security service delivery for their assigned shift and acts as the primary security point of contact when the Account Manager or Assistant Account Manager are not available. This position acts as the liaison between site management, Allied Universal leadership and assigned security professionals.
In addition, this position is an Armed Security Professional, with the responsibilities of such. This position responds to all incidents as needed, managing response, providing assistance, protecting personnel and property within reason and securing the incident scene until properly relieved. This position conducts initial investigation of incidents, and is responsible for completing all appropriate reports and forms. This position responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol(s).
In the event of the commission of a crime or disorder, this person is responsible for alerting higher authorities, responding to the incident and providing assistance as needed, protecting personnel and property within reason and securing the incident scene until properly relieved.
Scope of Work: The primary responsibility is to supervise all security professionals assigned to their respective shift in addition to the day to day activities which occur during their assigned shift. This position will provide coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range. This position is responsible for the response to and reporting of incidents occurring during their shift, escalating information to the Assistant Account Manager and Account Manager as needed and to the client when directed. This position is responsible for the timely completion of all appropriate reports and forms.
Key responsibilities include assisting in the administration, coordination, and implementation of the Security Program, in accordance with the contract, agreed upon policy and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for projecting and maintaining a positive, courteous, professional image through daily actions, attitude, general conduct, and interactions with others, promote trust and a sense of protection and well-being.
- Attend meetings as directed.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in applicable security related subject matter.
- Know, adhere to, and enforce standards as listed in the AUS Security Professional Employee Handbook and the AUS Healthcare Standards and Guidelines Manual.
- Review site post orders with assigned security professionals.
- Administer JSA's and safety programs annually, outlining site-specific hazards for security professionals on assigned shifts including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate.
- Monitor, review and analyze information from materials, events, and the environment to detect or assess security related problems and report and act on each as appropriate.
- Work with the Assistant Account Manager to maintain weekly operating schedules.
- Ensure all security professionals assigned to the shift complete and appropriately sign logs, sign-in sheets/time sheets and any other documents or forms as directed by management.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Account Manager regarding extra coverage requests and vacancies due to officer vacation requests, call-offs, addressing and filling open positions, and unexpected account level issues.
- Coordinate with the Trainer on site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel
- Distribute weekly schedules at a minimum of two weeks in advance, with updates for unexpected openings.
- Perform all associated duties, including daily and weekly interaction with the Account Manager, Assistant Account Manager and Trainer.
- Submit all call off and lateness forms to the Assistant Account Manager, take appropriate disciplinary actions as required or directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee information and data.
- Fill in on shifts as needed or required.
- Assist in meeting all contractual scheduled hours while maintaining the non-billable and overtime percentage below the acceptable levels.
CLIENT/STAFF RELATIONS: This person will build, improve and maintain relationships with the client, client staff and employees;
- Interface with client executives, physicians, client staff, patients, and visitors to obtain feedback and perceptions.
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate managers and support employees, as required).
- Assist in communicating policies, announcements and job openings to assigned personnel.
- Manage equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and checklists.
- When necessary, ensure employee terminations are conducted in a professional manner and do not impact client operations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education and Experience:
- Meet Allied Universal Security Services hiring qualifications
- Extensive experience in security or law enforcement or equivalent required. Experience in security in a healthcare facility preferred. A minimum of 2 years' experience in security at a supervisory capacity is preferred. Military or law enforcement background is preferred
- Applicants with at least four (4) years military service (honorable conditions only) will weigh in the favor of applicants with similar experience.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for a contracted security force in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of applicable accreditation standards and regulations impacting security programs in a healthcare environment to include: CMS, TJC, HIPAA, EMTALA, OSHA, and NFPA.
- Ability to analyze problems, determine root causes, and identify and determine results oriented solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), to effectively communicate with patients, patient families, staff members and executives; drafting policy and documenting reports of incidents; and training staff members.
- Experience in developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to employ firearms and less lethal weapons to protect yourself and others.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and responsibly carry, store, and maintain firearms, less lethal weapons, and other assigned equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain and maintain appropriate state and local firearms permits and licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and pass firearms and less lethal weapon training and qualification courses without restrictions.
- Competency Requirements: Shift Supervisors are required to pass initial and annual competency evaluations consisting of the following topics:
- South Carolina SLED Armed Certification
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Bloodborne Pathogen/Infection Control
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Use of Force
- Clinical Restraint Usage
- Use of Handcuffs and less than lethal force options
- Client required courses
- Security Incident Response Procedures
- CPR/Basic First Aid (required every two years)
- Additional Training Requirements: Must successfully complete the following training courses. An * denotes annual requirements.
- Healthcare Essentials
- Certified Healthcare Security Professional
- Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor Course within six months of assignment
- Client Orientation
- Security Department Orientation and Training Academy
- Background Check Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check to meet Allied Universal standards
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle check with not more than three (3) moving violations within the past year
- Health Screen Requirements: The following health screens must be completed prior to being assigned to a post. An * denotes annual requirements.
- TB Screen *
- Hepatitis B series vaccine or signed declination statement
- N-95 Fit Test *
- Flu Shot *
- 10 panel drug screen
- License and Credential Requirements:
- Ability to achieve and maintain South Carolina SLED licensing requirements (armed)
- License to operate a motor vehicle in the state of South Carolina with less than 3 moving violations within a year.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and work independently.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standards.
- Neat and professional appearance in accordance with set standards.
- Ability to provide quality customer service with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to make decisions and handle situations effectively.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly; occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain; frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. In addition:
- Must be able to identify the following colors: red, green, pink and blue
- Must maintain a level of physical and emotional health to cope with periods of high stress and working hours that may extend beyond the standard work week.
- Cognitive abilities must be unimpaired to deal with the intellectual demands of the position.
- Ability to use PPE and adaptive equipment where work requires protective equipment and close visual and auditory attention to detail.
- Movement around the building will be necessary to monitor personnel, the condition of facilities and equipment, and response to emergent situations and events.
- Moderate physical effort required to physically restrain patients, respond to emergencies on upper floors without the use of an elevator, assist in patient evacuations, and respond to other emergency and non-emergency situations.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.