State of South Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inspector III / DMV Inspection Agent-95107
at State of South Carolina
- Job Responsibilities
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General/Class D Compliance Division at the DMV Headquarters, Blythewood, S.C. Statewide Travel is required. The DMV Inspection Agent is assigned a geographical area and the assigned work office is the employee's residence in the assigned area. The assigned geographical areas are Richland, Lexington, Orangeburg, Sumter, Kershaw, Calhoun and Clarendon. The Employee must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of the assigned areas within the employees "trial" or "probationary" period (6 months for internal hires; 12 months for external hires). Statewide and overnight travel is required. The Inspector III/DMV Inspections Agent conducts Annual Inspections and audits of Class D Driving Schools. Conduct Third Party Testing audits on Class D Driving Schools, Class M Motorcycle schools and High Schools that are licensed by the Department to conduct Knowledge and skills testing. Provide training to certify TPT Safety Officers and DMV Examiners to administer the Class D Skills test when needed. Conduct investigations of complaints related to Class D Driving Schools and make recommendations of any necessary action to be taken. Provide testing for individuals to become licensed Driving School Instructors.
1. Schedules and Conducts Annual Inspections, New school Inspections and routine audits for Class D Driver Training Schools. Schedules and conducts Third Party Tester Audits for all Third Party Driver Training Schools, High Schools and Third Party Motorcycle Schools within the TPT program. Conducts investigations on all written complaints made against the Schools. Monitors Training and TPT testing through monthly submitted reports and continuous contact with the Driving Schools. Supplies all Third Party testers with updated information and materials as needed.
2. Administers Yearly Skills Performance Evaluations (SPE) on all Class D Driver training schools Safety Officers in the Third Party Tester Program.
3. Assists Third Party Tester Driver Training schools in developing their skills test road routes and trains them on how to complete the necessary forms used for Third Party Testing. Trains the schools how to complete the testing reports and gives them the information on how and when to submit the reports. Monitors, Inspects and updates all TPT routes as needed. Assists the Schools in obtaining permission to use the SCDMV routes for testing and rides the routes with the schools to help maintain consistency in administering the Class D Skills test.
4. Assists the Training Change Management (TCM) Department by conducting and or assisting with the Third Party Tester and DMV Examiner three day training Class And 1 Day Recertification Classes.
5. Conducts Training for High Schools and Class D Driver Training schools to certify them to administer the Class D Knowledge Test. Conducts Training for Class M Motorcycle schools to certify them to administer the Class M Knowledge Tests. Provides schools with updated information.
6. Administers New Instructor Test to individuals applying to be Class D Driver Training Instructors. Administers written test to all Class D Driving school Instructors as required every 4 years.7. Performs other related duties pertaining to the Class D Compliance Unit upon request. Assists with planning and implementing Driver Training School Workshops, presentations, mandatory meetings and multiple projects. Informs all Driver Training Schools of changes made within the department related to Class D and Class M license. Keeps current School and Audit information updated on the Departments G Drive for review.
Assigned geographical areas: Richland, Lexington, Orangeburg, Sumter, Kershaw, Calhoun.and Clarendon. Employee must reside in or willing to relocate to one of the assigned areas within the employees "trial" or "probationary" period (6 months for internal hires;12 months for external hires).
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
- A high school diploma and work experience that is directly related to the area of employment. Ability to effectively communicate related knowledge. Ability to understand and carry out complex and written instructions. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record in order to operate an assigned state vehicle.
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of public and business administration. Considerable knowledge of OIG methods and principles and SCDMV policies, rules and regulations. Considerable knowledge of basic computer skills and use of Microsoft word to create, save and transfer documents. Considerable knowledge of the latest technology. Must be comfortable speaking in front of and teaching groups of individuals.
Must be able to work under limited supervision. All employees work is reviewed for accuracy and efficiency.
The DMV Inspection Agent is assigned a geographical area and the assigned work office is the employee's residence in the assigned area. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of equipment (Printers, Laptops, Third party Testing Materials,etc) daily to complete job functions. Good eye-hand coordination for getting into and out of Class D Vehicles. Statewide and occasional overnight travel is necessary.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Please complete the online application to include all current and previous work history, professional reference, present salary and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an application has met the qualifications for the position.