Sleep Number Beds
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sleep Number Beds
As a Sewer with Sleep Number, you will produce high quality covers, coverlets, and subassemblies to meet business demand.
- Operate an industrial sewing machine, performing a variety of stitch types
- Properly sew a variety of covers, coverlets, and/or subassemblies
- Layout and cut materials using patterns, scissors, and/or cutting equipment
- Visually inspect subassemblies and finished goods per quality standards
- Apply appropriate product, safety, and regulatory labels
- Must be able to cross train to job task, as directed
- Complete documentation as required
- Participate in cycle counts and periodic physical inventories, as required.
- Comply with Codes of Conduct and Safe Practice.
- Operate scanners for traceability.
- Actively participate in shift transition communication.
- Assist in training new or existing employees, as required.
- Maintain work area, tooling, and 5s expectations
- Report issues /concerns to leadership, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Meet/Exceed defined safety, quality, and production goals defined by the department and business.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Sewing experience preferred
- Lean experience, preferred
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to operate lock stitch, chain stitch, serging and tape edge machines.
- Ability to use calculators, scanners, and scissors.
- Ability to read and understand SOP’s
- Able to manipulate large, bulky material; perform with finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Able to lift 20 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; perform repetitive bending/twisting motions.
- Reach, stand, walk, sit, push, pull, and grasp materials and tools
- Able to stand 8 hours or more per shift
- High school diploma or GED required
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
We’re passionate about improving lives. Be part of a health, wellness and technology revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join Team Sleep Number.
- 580 Sleep Number® stores with more than 4,300 employees nationwide
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah and a customer contact center in Louisiana
- Innovator in smart bed technology with Silicon Valley-based SleepIQ® LABS
- Exclusive owner of the end-to-end experience: manufacturer, marketer, retailer and servicer of the Sleep Number® bed
- More than $1.5 billion annual revenue in 2018