Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job Reference #: 5000272061106
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Job TitleRegistered Nurse
Position TypeFull Time
LocationHeritage at Lowman Rehabilitation Center
Location Address200 Fortress Drive, Columbia/White Rock, South Carolina 29036
The incumbent is a licensed professional nurse (RN) who is responsible for insuring and providing quality and consistent resident care including medical applications/treatments and/or medications as well as coordinating interdisciplinary plan(s) of care and interpreting this level of care for individual Residents based on their specific needs. Responsible for supervising nursing staff on assigned hall/unit.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Licensed to practice as an RN in the State of South Carolina.
Must maintain current SC RN license and CPR certification.
Must have 2-4 years practical experience as an RN and preferably in a Nursing/Resident Home environment.
Normal "break-in" time is 3-6 months.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and authority when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, an the general public.
Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to residential care.
Must possess leadership, supervisory and authority ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general heath and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents