Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospice RN Case Manager
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job Reference #: 5000245468906
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - Support Services
Job TitleHospice RN Case Manager
Position TypeFull Time
LocationLutheran Hospice (Upstate)
Location Address429 N Main Street #3, Greenville, South Carolina 29601
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on palliative end of life care. With the Interdisciplinary Team, the professional nurse builds from the resources of the hospice and community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities. As a PRN or Part-time RN, nursing services may be provided on an as needed basis as determined by census. Strong accountabilities to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one to two years of recent experience in home care preferred. Minimum two years nursing experience required.
- Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree, with one year of hospice care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required but supervisory skills needed. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per the competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation for daily travel throughout the service area.
- Flexibility to meet patient needs necessary. Some evening, night, early morning, holiday and weekend hours may be required during on-call hours, and during periods of high patient needs and to ensure hospice services are provided 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Assignments may vary from day to day based on office and patient needs.
- Must be able to utilize technology appropriately as needed to meet the requirements of the position.