Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Social Services
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job TitleDirector of Social Services
Position TypeFull Time
Location Address100 Finley Road, Columbia, South Carolina 29203
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Social Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs for the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis.
Responsible for assisting Community Outreach Director with all aspects of the Marketing Department. Assist resident(s) and resident representatives in their selection for continuing health care services for the older adult. Assists with coordination of all aspects of the admissions process including obtaining medical, financial, and insurance information on potential residents; presenting information and coordinating efforts with interdisciplinary admissions team; completing resident contracts; maintaining resident files, preparing regular admissions and marketing activity reports, and providing tours/presentations to prospective residents. Assists Community Outreach Director in updating collateral materials, following up with leads, and participating in marketing events and activities that correlate with the overall marketing plan.
- Must be registered as LSW or higher
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers and Academy of Certified Social Workers, Inc