Haywood Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN PRN (Fairfield ER) in Columbia, SC at Providence Health
at Haywood Regional Medical Center
Job DescriptionProvidence Health
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters ofCharity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitalsand numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinicalexpertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became partof the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name toProvidence Health to better represent the full complement of its services.Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person-body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health –Fairfield ER is lookingfor a RN to join our team on a PRN basis.
Providence Health-Fairfield is a brand new Emergency Roomin Winnsboro, South Carolina, providing quick and easy access to high qualityemergency care for the community of Fairfield County. As a patient, you will becared for by staff specially-trained to respond to any type of medicalemergency with the latest technology to provide a broad range of diagnostic andtreatment options on-site.
For more information about the services provided byProvidence Health – Fairfield, click here.
- Assesses patient's status within identified functionalhealth patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation,activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursingdiagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursinginterventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patientknowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achievedesired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient,physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates tohealth care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan andevaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates withpatient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment andcontinually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation ofeffectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered byphysicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan ofcare.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patientprogress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness ofdaily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patientis transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire lengthof stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identifiedpatient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentallyappropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patientcare unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support andassist attending and consulting physicians
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changesin policies and procedures affecting practice
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients inaccordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented inclinical records and on plans of care.