Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Custody Officer (CO) is responsible for maintaining proper security and safety standards for all patients under his/her control. Must make security checks and inspections of the entire working environment and correct or report to the proper authority all shortcomings and deficiencies. Must prepare written reports of daily activities, and written reports of disciplinary infractions, accidents and incidents. Must develop and maintain a professional rapport with all patients, his/her supervisors and other employees in the working environment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- College degree in related area preferred.
- One (1) year experience in correctional, security or police work – two (2) of which has been in a medium/maximum security setting or three (3) of which have been in a secure setting.
- Satisfactory completion of academic and on-the-job training as required for certification as a Custody Officer.
- Ensures patient assignments are carried out; monitors all patient activity ensuring order and control.
- Ensures security and compliance with post description as defined by the facility.
- Prepares and submits required facility reports without error in accordance with facility policy and time frames.
- Safely operates and maintains security devices such as gates and doors, weapons, and mechanical restraining devices.
- Maintains safety and sanitation standards.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.